California Privacy Notice
California Privacy Notice
When we use the term “personal information” in this notice, we are referring to information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household such as your real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. Personal information does not include publicly-available information and certain other information that is regulated by other applicable laws.
This notice does not apply to the personal information of our employees or job applicants. A job applicant privacy notice is provided to applicants when they submit their personal information to us in connection with their job application.
Information We Collect
|Identifiers||Your name, email address, phone number, and IP address|
|Personal Information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||Your name and phone number. Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, session logs, personal preferences including marketing and cookie preferences, unique identifiers, and information about your interaction with our Services and communications with us|
Categories of Sources
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, when you use our services, and when you interact with us through social media
- From public records or widely available sources
- Third party service providers that provide data to and information to us
Our Business Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
- Respond to your communications and fulfill your requests
- Provide announcements, alerts, confirmations, and/or other general communication
- Operate our website and deliver our Services
- Inform you products and services available from DSD and our affiliates
- Deliver customized content and advertising and personalize your online experience
Third Parties We Share Personal Information With
We share your personal information with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to DSD, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. We may also disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on DSD or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of DSD; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of DSD, or the public. Finally, we may disclose your personal information as directed by you or in connection with a sale or merger of our company.
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection of your personal information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which we have collected your personal information
- Our business or commercial purpose(s) for collecting or selling your personal information
- The categories of third parties with whom we have shared your personal information; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our disclosures and sales of your personal information. Such information shall cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of your request. Upon our receipt of your verified request, we will provide you with the following:
- The categories of personal information we have collected from you
- The categories of personal information we have sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom we sold such information, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to whom the personal information was sold; and
- The categories of personal information that we disclosed about you for a business purpose
Right to Opt-Out
We do not sell your personal information now and have no plans to start, however, we are required to let you know that you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information at any time if we ever engage in such activity. Additionally, we use third party cookies and similar technologies for targeted advertising purposes. To opt-out of having your information shared with third-party digital advertising vendors for this purpose, please contact us as described in the “How to Contact us to Exercise Your Rights” section below.
Right to Delete
You have the right at any time to request that we delete your personal information. However, in some cases we cannot delete all or some of your personal information as required or permitted by applicable laws.
Right to Non-Discrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA, such as denying you products and services, charging you different rates or prices including use of discounts or penalties, or suggesting or providing a different level of service or quality of products to you.
How to Contact us to Exercise your Rights:
To submit a request to exercise your “Right to Know” or “Right to Delete” rights provided in this notice, please contact us by phone at 518-949-0165 or by email at email@example.com. We will evaluate the request and take action where required to do so.
We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 business days and will provide information about how we will process your request. We always aim to respond to your request as soon as we can, within the timeframes permitted under the CCPA. If we are not able to respond to your request within 45 days, we will let you know that we may require additional time (up to 90 total days).
Verification of Requests and Authorized Agents
We may have to verify your identity when you contact us to exercise your “Right to Know” or your “Right to Delete.” Our verification process may vary depending on the nature of your request. However, generally, we will verify your request by asking you to:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized agent.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm that the personal information relates to you.
You may also use an authorized agent to exercise your rights on your behalf. If you wish to use an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, unless you have provided the authorized agent with power of attorney, we may require that: (1) you provide your authorized agent signed permission to do so; (2) you verify your identity; and (3) you confirm that you have provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. We may deny any request from an authorized agent that does not submit proof that they have been authorized by you to act on your behalf Your authorized agent may make a request on your behalf by contacting us by phone at 518.949.0165 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Date of Last Update: July 7, 2021